IsraeliJazz Book Content
The IsraeliJazz book has been started as a Raphael Perez photographs collection initiated by himself. When he started to write the biographies of the jazzmen he shot, he started to realize the richness and structure of this sector in Israel as well as the links with the US and the high level of the education system in Israel and links between those musicians.
Raphael made more research to have a full view and analysis of what happened in Israel between 1980 when no one Israeli jazzmen was performing oversee with no specific schools in the country until our days when we have hundreds of Israeli musicians touring the work and highly demanded for bookings.
After reading everything available on the topic he met 2 of the rare global specialists that have then accepted to collaborate together for writing the first part of the book with Raphael.
- - Thanks
- - Introduction
- - The history and state of art of the Jazz in Israel
- - Jazz in Israel: 50 first years 1930 – 1980
- - The jazz blossom in Israel: 1980 – 2010
- o The 3 young men who started the History
- - The geography/politic influences
- - The cultural influence for Israeli jazzmen
- - New York: The global hub of Israeli Jazz
- o The dream and the place to be for all young Israeli jazzmen
- - The jazz education system in Israel
- o How it started and how it was thought
- - The jazz club and festivals in Israel
- - Future of Israeli Jazz
The first part of the book will also include interviews of some Israeli jazzmen and artistic directors as well as educators, managers and students aspiring to become the jazzmen of tomorrow.